What was left out of the budget this year?
- Unemployment Extension;
- Real infrastructure development/work relief actions;
- Economy-stimulating alternative energy tax credits and subsidies;
- Removal of fossil fuel subsidies;
- Removal of tax loopholes for the ultra wealthy;
- Removal of protections for offshore tax havens;
- Carbon tax and carbon reduction targets;
- Increases in school lunch programs, child-care programs, elderly care programs;
- The increase of the social security ceiling to $500,000 annual income;
- Comprehensive work toward a Constitutional amendment prohibiting private campaign financing;
- Comprehensive work toward a Constitutional amendment denying corporate personhood.
Make sure you read this and related articles at The Daily Kos.
(I guess we can add these to the presents under the tree as casualties of the war on Christmas.)